Admissions Criteria & Dates
If you are interested in applying to our programs, or should you wish to speak to a current YCT student, please email our Office of Admissions or call 212-666-0036.
Procedures for Admission
All prospective students are required to have a preliminary discussion with Rabbi Yonah Berman, the Director of Recruitment, as early as possible in the application process. Please email Rabbi Yonah Berman or call 212-666-0036 to schedule an appointment.
Visit to YCT
All candidates are required to spend a few days at the yeshiva while it is in session. Please contact Rabbi Yonah Berman to arrange a visit.
- Complete our Admissions Application here. There is a $50 registration fee payable when completing your application. Registration fee is waived if your completed application is received by January 15.
All remaining application materials (letters of recommendation, transcripts) must be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Attn: Allison Batalion
YCT Rabbinical School
3700 Henry Hudson Parkway, Second Floor
Riverdale, New York 10463
Letters of Recommendation
Please submit three sealed letters of recommendation (with one accompanying reference form for each letter), which include at least one academic and one rabbinic reference.
Official transcripts must be included with the application. Applicants who are currently enrolled in degree programs must include mid-year transcripts and arrange for final transcripts to be mailed to YCT upon completion of the semester.
The GRE is required for those whose GPA is less than a 3.0. Scores must be included with your application.
The yeshiva offers qualified students tuition remission and a generous monthly living stipend. For more information please see our Tuition & Fellowships page.
YCT Rabbinical School admits students of any race, color, national origin, or ethnic origin. All documents submitted in support of an application for admission become the permanent possession of YCT and cannot be returned to the applicant. For your records, please make photocopies of all materials submitted, except for transcripts and recommendation forms, which must be received unopened, in the original, sealed envelopes.
- January 15 – Early Registration. The $50 application fee is waived for completed applications received by this date
- March 15 – Final date to postmark and mail applications
- May 15 – Applicants will receive notification of admissions decision
Once all materials are submitted, those candidates invited for an interview will be notified.
In preparation for discussions during the interview, applicants are required to read one of the following articles:
- “Dat Ha-Emet in Maimonides’ Mishne Torah” by Rabbi Chaim Rappaport
- “The Challenge of Halakhic Innovation” by Rabbi Benny Lau
- “Curricula, Methodologies and Values in Orthodox Tanakh Study” by Rabbi Nathaniel Helfgot
Applicants must also prepare a 3-5 minute d’var Torah on the topic of their choice to be shared during their interview. A learning assessment will be administered by one of the rebbeim at the Yeshiva around the time of the interview. Candidates may also be asked to meet with a mental health professional as part of the admissions process.