Join Our Team
Director of Finance and Administration
Yeshivat Chovevei Torah Rabbinical School (YCT) has an opening for a Director of Finance and Administration, responsible for the overall management and non-academic operation of the school. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and a warm, supportive, mission-driven work environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Maintain a system of internal controls and ensure that the controls are operating effectively.
• Coordinate, design, and implement financial reporting systems, including financial statement preparation and annual audit. Review internal financial reports on a monthly basis.
• Prepare and manage the organization’s annual budget in collaboration with various departments and the Board of Directors.
• Directly handle all payroll matters, including payroll processing, maintenance of all related documentation, and reconciliation of employee annual total compensation to the approved budget.
• Oversee the bookkeeper including recording of receipts, disbursements, payables, receivables, and performance of account reconciliations.
• Prepare reports, including actual to budget comparisons, for Board meetings, for various internal departments, and for foundations as requested.
• Prepare reports in conformance with government regulations, including 403B 5500 reports, workers’ compensation reports, and disability insurance census reports.
• Ensure accurate record-keeping in the database and accurate reports generated from the database.
• Maintain employee benefits, including flexible spending plan, retirement plan, disability plan, tuition program, and paid time off. Maintain personnel records and HR policies and procedures.
• Maintain necessary levels of insurance coverage and assess annually.
• Oversee all operational aspects of the physical office environment.
• Maintain effective relationships with key vendors and landlords. Analyze vendor terms and service on a regular basis.
• Oversee organization’s IT needs, network requirements, server back-up, and ensure smooth running of all computer systems.
• Plan and organize Board of Directors meetings.
• Collaborate with team on development, marketing, and communications strategies and on event planning and execution.
• Effective knowledge of and experience in finance and accounting; ability to prepare and monitor budgets and cash flow; hands-on bookkeeping experience and ability to supervise the work of bookkeeper; experience with payroll; proficiency in Quickbooks.
• Strong technology skills.
• Practical knowledge of and experience in office administration, building and maintaining relationships with vendors and local authorities, maintenance of insurance policies.
• True team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
• Self-motivated and results-oriented individual able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple on-going tasks and deadlines at the same time.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Jewish community, especially the Modern Orthodox community, is strongly preferred.
• 5-7 years of prior relevant work experience, preferably in a nonprofit institution or transferable business expertise; BA degree required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Director of Finance and Administration” in the subject line.