Join Our Team
ASSISTANT TO THE DEAN (Part-time position)
New York, NY
YCT believes that we need a new breed of Jewish leaders – rabbis who embody an expansive and empowering Orthodoxy, who work to shape communities that are diverse and welcoming, and who believe that the way to inspire people to grow in Torah and mitzvot is through an approach that is nonjudgmental and intellectually open. We have a proven 18-year track record for placing these rabbis and leaders in influential and transformative positions throughout the U.S., Israel and beyond. Since its founding, YCT has reinvigorated an Orthodoxy that was growing increasingly complacent by confronting honestly and openly some of today’s most critical contemporary issues, both intellectually, through our Torah, teshuvot, and podcasts, and practically, through the vision, initiatives, and hard and courageous work of our rabbis in the field. Modern Orthodox Jews are being re-inspired, non-Orthodox Jews are being engaged in new ways, and Jews of all stripes feel that they finally have an Orthodoxy that cares about them and that they can relate to.
The Assistant to the Dean is an integral player and thought partner in running a full-scale academic curriculum and program, and supports the continued success of a dynamic and idealistic Jewish organization. This position provides the opportunity to grow one’s learning by participating in special seminars, lectures and community events. YCT is committed to a workplace culture that is encouraging, empowering, and supportive.
● Assist Dean in administrative tasks and support the functioning of the academic program
● Schedule year-long, semester, and weekly calendars; coordinate guest lectures and visits
● Function as contact for students, faculty, and staff
● Arrange student progression meetings with Dean and faculty members
● Plan retreats/shabbatonim and student-centered special events
● Manage course materials and distribute accordingly
● Manage Registrar database, input class rosters and grades, and produce transcripts
● Manage student and faculty reimbursement requests
● Liaise with prospective students, collect application materials and coordinate interviews, and
support general recruitment effort
● Highly organized, detail oriented, and adept multi-tasker
● Efficient and flexible nature and “can do” attitude
● Superb oral and written communication skills
Please send letter of interest as well as a resume to email@example.com. For more information about YCT Rabbinical School. YCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.