Admissions Criteria, Procedures & Dates
YCT Rabbinical School admits students of any race, color, national origin, or ethnic origin. All documents submitted in support of an application for admission become the permanent possession of YCT and cannot be returned to the applicant. For your records, please make photocopies of all materials submitted, except for transcripts and recommendation forms, which must be received unopened, in the original, sealed envelopes.
Preliminary Discussions and Visit
If you are interested in applying to one of our programs or wish to be connected with a current YCT student, please contact our Office of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.666.0036.
All prospective students are required to have a preliminary discussion with the yeshiva as early as possible in the application process as well as spend a few days at the yeshiva while it is in session. Please contact us to arrange your visit and schedule an appointment.
- Click here to complete an admissions application. There is a $50 registration fee payable when completing your application. Registration fee is waived if your completed application is received by January 15.
- All remaining application materials (letters of recommendation, transcripts) must be emailed or mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Attn: Rachel Miller Margolin
YCT Rabbinical School
3700 Henry Hudson Parkway, Second Floor
Riverdale, New York 10463
Letters of Recommendation
Please ask three individuals to send YCT letters of recommendation supporting your admission to our rabbinical school. These individuals should include
- at least one rabbi
- one member of an academic faculty
- one additional personal reference
Please request that they mail or email these letters directly to YCT.
All applicants must complete a university degree before beginning their full-time studies at YCT. Official transcripts must be included with the application. Applicants who are currently enrolled in degree programs must include mid-year transcripts and arrange for final transcripts to be mailed to YCT upon completion of the semester.
The GRE is required for those whose GPA is less than a 3.0. Scores must be included with your application.
The yeshiva offers qualified students tuition remission and a generous monthly living stipend. For more information please see our Tuition & Fellowships page.
- January 15 – Early application. The $50 application fee is waived for completed applications received by this date
- March 15 – Final date to postmark and mail applications. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- May 15 – Applicants will receive notification of admissions decision
Once all materials are submitted, those candidates invited for an interview will be notified.
In preparation for discussions during the interview, applicants are required to:
- read one of the following articles:
- prepare a 3-5 minute d’var Torah on the topic of their choice to be shared during their interview
Your interview day will include a meeting with Rabbi Dov Linzer, President and Rosh HaYeshiva, a formal interview with our admissions committee, and a written and oral assessment of your Talmud skills administered by one of the rebbeim. Candidates may also be asked to meet with a mental health professional as part of the admissions process.